Yves Punie is senior scientist at the Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS), a European Commission Joint Research Centre (DG JRC) (http://ipts.jrc.ec.europa.eu) based in Seville. Currently, he is leading the IPTS research and policy activities on "ICT for Learning and Creativity" and is also involved in projects on ICT for Inclusion and Governance as well as on assessing the socio-economic impact of web 2.0 or social computing.
Before joining the IPTS in 2001, he was interim Assistant Professor at the Free University of Brussels (VUB) and senior researcher at SMIT (Studies on Media, Information and Telecommunications). He holds a Ph.D. in Social Sciences from the VUB and (co-)authored more than 30 publications and presented more then 60 papers at different occasions.
Selected publications in the field of ICT and Learning are:
- Ala-Mutka, K., Punie, Y. & Redecker, C. (2008), ICT for Learning, Innovation and Creativity, JRC Technical Note 48707, Publication date: 11/2008 http://ipts.jrc.ec.europa.eu/publications/pub.cfm?id=1819
- Ala-Mutka, K., Punie, Y. & Redecker, C. (2008), Digital Competence for Lifelong Learning, JRC Technical Note 48708; Publication date: 11/2008 http://ipts.jrc.ec.europa.eu/publications/pub.cfm?id=1820
- Punie, Y. and Ala-Mutka, K. (2007) Future Learning Spaces: new ways of learning and new digital competences to learn. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy, Vol 2, No. 4, pp. 210-225.
- Ala-Mutka, K. & Punie, Y. (2007) Ageing Societies, Learning and ICT, pp. 216-224, in Boonen, A., De Gruyter, J. & Van Petegem, W. (eds.) European Networking and Learning for the Future. The EuroPACE approach, Garant: Antwerpen – Apeldoorn, pp. 216-224.
- Punie, Y. (2007), Learning spaces: An ICT-enabled model of future learning in the Knowledge-based Society, European Journal of Education, Vol 42, Issue 2, pp. 185-199.
See also for IPTS work on ICT and Learning: http://is.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pages/EAP/eLearning.html